Originally published on EV Obsession.
The second-in-command, so to speak, at Tesla Motors, is JB Straubel. JB was recently ranked #2 on Fortune’s annual “40 Under 40” list — beating out quite a number of other notable figures, including those behind the ridesharing services Uber and Lyft (who came in #3).
Fortune’s editors commented on the new list thusly: “We may think we live in the age of the tech unicorn, but disruption is coming at us from all corners of industry, as our 2015 ranking of the most influential young people in business shows. There are tech names here, yes, but also stars in health care, autos, finance, food, real estate, comedy, and even ultimate fighting… the one thing these mavericks have in common: They make their own rules. For the first time our list is 100% brand-new.”
Without further ado, here are the top 10:
TOP 10 OF FORTUNE’S 2015 40 UNDER 40:
1. Adam Neumann, Co-founder and CEO, WeWork
2. JB Straubel, Chief Technical Officer, Tesla
3. Ryan Graves, Uber; Logan Green and John Zimmer, Lyft; Cheng Wei and Jean Liu, Didi Kuaidi
4. Dhivya Suryadevara, VP Finance/Treasurer, GM and CEO, GM Asset Management
5. James Park, Co-founder and CEO, Fitbit
6. Taylor Swift, Entertainer
7. Vas Narasimhan, Global Head of Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
8. Jason Robins, Co-founder and CEO, DraftKings
9. Daniel Schwartz, CEO, Restaurant Brands International
10. John Oliver, Host and Executive Producer, Last Week Tonight
Photo by Steve Jurvetson (CC BY 2.0 license)