Via EV Obsession:
The electric vehicle (EV) charging network firm ChargePoint has released its first home charging station product — the ChargePoint Home — on Amazon.
The new home EV charging station is available for order on Amazon with a retail price between $499 and $749, depending on the specific specs chosen.
“Customers choose our stations for their reliability, connectivity and convenience. Now, EV drivers can access the power of ChargePoint from their own home,” stated ChargePoint CEO Pasquale Romano. “The future of our homes, our cars and our lifestyles will be smarter and more connected because of products like ChargePoint Home. This station is unlike any other on the market, and it will change the way people think about driving, home charging and smart energy management.”
Other features of the new charging station are: the ability to control operation of the station via a smartphone app; the ability to integrate the station’s operations with Nest products (energy use and cost tracking); tailored recommendations (based on the utility company used) concerning when to charge; and access to the ChargePoint network.
As one can probably guess, the higher-priced versions of the EV charging station are higher powered than the lower options. Individual configurations can be determined here (redirection to purchase options at Amazon follows on completion).
Here’s a basic overview of the options available:
- ChargePoint Home 12 EV Charger Bundle: 16 Amp Hardwire Station with 12′ cord: $499
- ChargePoint Home 12 EV Charger Bundle: 16 Amp Plug Station with 12′ cord: $549
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Hardwire Station with 18′ cord: $649
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Plug Station with 18′ cord: $699
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Hardwire Station with 25′ cord: $699
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Plug Station with 25′ cord: $749