EV Transportation & Technology Summit — See You There?
Via EV Obsession:
As I announced last month, I’ll be presenting at an upcoming electric vehicle conference in Florida toward the end of October. More details regarding the “EV Transportation and Technology Summit” are now out, and I think everyone here will agree that it looks really interesting.
I really hope that many of you can register and attend — would love to meet you there!
The organizers have written up a nice new summary of the event, and included a list of speakers/presenters. There’s no real point in rewriting that myself, so here it is in their words:
EV Transportation and Technology Summit
October 20th-22st, 2015
FIRST 75 PAID REGISTRANTS RECEIVE A FREE KENNEDY SPACE CENTER TOUR!
The EV Transportation and Technology Summit will focus on transportation planning and infrastructure requirements needed to support the adoption of many forms of electric vehicles. The Summit will provide an update on the current state of EV deployment, technology and planning. This unique summit is presented by the Electric Vehicle Transportation Center at the University of Central Florida’s Solar Energy Research Center in Cocoa, Florida.
Electric vehicles currently meet the daily travel requirements of more than 95% of the U.S. drivers and sales have grown exponentially over the last five years. GM, Nissan, Tesla and others will offer affordable long-range EVs as early as 2016, which will dramatically enhance already impressive sales numbers. Will your organization be ready to accommodate the growing presence of EVs? We believe we have created a meeting that will add a new dimension to the efforts to transform electric vehicle transportation.
The attraction of attendees to our Summit clearly depends on the quality of our speakers, and the Summit speaker list represents a broad cross section of those involved in the deployment of electric vehicles. We believe they will provide a thorough understanding of the benefits and challenges to the broad adoption of all forms of electric vehicles.
- Zach Shahan, CleanTechnica, EV Obsession, & Gas2
- Kristine Williams, Center for Urban Transportation Research, USF
- Christian Ruoff, Charged Magazine
- Linda Bluestein, National Clean Cities
- Jeff Cobb, HybridCars.com
- Ashley Horvat, PlugShare
- Britta Gross, GM
- Trev Hall, Clean Cities
- David Dunn & Daryl Greenlee, City of Orlando
- Paul Steinman, FDOT District 7 Secretary
- Utility Industry Panel, FP&L, JEA, Gulf Power, Duke, TECO, OUC
- Richard Raustad, EVTC
- Doug Kettles, EVTC
EV Summit Audience
- Transportation planners (MPOs, TPOs and DOTs)
- Planning, design and policy analysis consulting firms
- Power service providers
- Governmental and private sustainability managers
- Large-scale employers
- Fleet managers
EV Summit Goals
- Increase awareness among key governmental, business and planning officials
- Provide a review of the current and near-term technologies
- Review the current deployment accomplishments and outline the challenges going forward
Thank you for considering attendance at the EV Transportation & Technology, please visit our website at http://www.evsummit.org/ for detailed information about the Summit schedule, hotels, directions and other information.