Published on March 13th, 2013 | by Nicholas Brown
More Details on the Mitsubishi CA-MiEV
The Mitsubishi CA-MiEV claims to have a 186 mile per charge, which would be more than double its chief rival, the Nissan Leaf.. If it achieves this range, and could also undercut the price of the Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi may become a contender in the electric vehicle market.
List of Specifications:
- A 28 kWh battery bank;
- 107 HP (80 kW) electric motor;
- The tailpipe CO2 emissions are 0 kg/km.
- Front-wheel drive (2WD);
- WiTricity wirelesss resonant induction charging (in the prototype, at least);
- It is 5 feet tall (1,550 mm, which is 1.5 metres).
- It is 5.8 feet (1775 mm or 1.77 metres) wide.
- It is 13.2 feet (4050 mm or 4 metres) long.
According to Mitsubishi: “The remote-controlled air-conditioning system and management system for charging and discharging can be linked to smartphones or tablet devices. The vehicle is also equipped with a remote tracking function that captures the vehicle’s position using GPS if the vehicle is stolen”.
This vehicle seats 5 occupants, and weighs 2,862 pounds (1,300 kg). It has a 8.36 foot (2,550 mm/2.5 metre) wheelbase. Now the question is…will Mitsubishi build it?