EVCCON 2011 is a Do-it-Yourself Delight for Electric Car Fans
Gas 2 author Charis Michelsen drove out to Cape Girardeau, Missouri for the 2011 Electric Vehicle Conversion Convention (EVCCON), which runs through tomorrow at the Cape Girardeau regional airport. Over the next few days, Charis will be highlighting some of the extra-special EVs at EVCCON, which run the full gamut from cringe-worthy to lust-worthy, with some old favorites that should already be well-known to Gas 2 readers.
Here’s a sample what’s coming …
- Mike Picard’s electric Willys Jeep restoration
- a plethora of electrified Porsches
- plenty of plug-in pickups
- a new, 8-passenger Toyota Prius
- a sporty electric Opel GT with a fun story behind it
… and there’s plenty more coming, as well, including a full “mega-gallery” of photos of Charis’ EVCCON favorites by Sunday afternoon … but I’m going to spoil it a bit by including some sneak-peeks, below.
Source | Photos: Charis Michelsen, at EVCONN 2011.