Published on September 9th, 2008 | by Andrew Williams27
Alaska Police Pull Over Solar Powered Car, Think It's a UFO
[social_buttons] It’s not all about Sarah Palin in Alaska you know. The latest news from the last frontier (or should that be the final frontier?) is that Alaskan police have pulled over a solar-powered car, which they mistakenly identified as a UFO.
For almost two years, Canadian Marcelo da Luz has been driving his solar-powered car, the Power of 1 (Xof1 for short) across North America in an attempt to set a world distance record for a solar vehicle. When he reached Alaska earlier this week, the admittedly off-the-wall looking car was spotted by a concerned citizen, who dialled 911 to report a UFO sighting. Alaskan police quickly took off in hot pursuit, and pulled poor Marcelo over for interrogation.
Luckily for the bemused Canadian solar pioneer, the police decided not to take the matter any further although, amazingly, this is the seventh time that saucer-shaped vehicle has been pulled over during its odyssey across Canada.
Related Posts on Solar Powered Transport:
- Nissan to Launch Solar Powered Electric Car
- The All-Electric (EV) CitiCar: Powered by the Sun
- Toyota Prius to Get Solar Power
- Grow Your Own – The Solar Powered Lotus Made From Hemp
- Mindset Six50 Electric Car Mixes Gas, Li-Ion and Solar Power
- How Solar Panels Could Power 90% of US Transportation