[social_buttons] It’s not all about Sarah Palin in Alaska you know. The latest news from the last frontier (or should that be the final frontier?) is that Alaskan police have pulled over a solar-powered car, which they mistakenly identified as a UFO.
For almost two years, Canadian Marcelo da Luz has been driving his solar-powered car, the Power of 1 (Xof1 for short) across North America in an attempt to set a world distance record for a solar vehicle. When he reached Alaska earlier this week, the admittedly off-the-wall looking car was spotted by a concerned citizen, who dialled 911 to report a UFO sighting. Alaskan police quickly took off in hot pursuit, and pulled poor Marcelo over for interrogation.
Related Posts on Solar Powered Transport:
- Nissan to Launch Solar Powered Electric Car
- The All-Electric (EV) CitiCar: Powered by the Sun
- Toyota Prius to Get Solar Power
- Grow Your Own – The Solar Powered Lotus Made From Hemp
- Mindset Six50 Electric Car Mixes Gas, Li-Ion and Solar Power
- How Solar Panels Could Power 90% of US Transportation
Image Credit – AutoBlogGreen